Cookies consist of portions of code installed in the browser that assist me in providing the service according to the purposes described. Some of the purposes for which cookies are installed may also require the user’s consent.
Where the installation of cookies is based on consent, such consent can be freely withdrawn at any time following the instructions provided further below.
And more cookies
- Google Analytics
How to provide or withdraw consent to cookies
In addition to what is specified here, the user can manage preferences for cookies directly from within their own browser and prevent — for example — third parties from installing cookies.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete cookies installed in the past, including the cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of cookies by this website.
Users can, for example, find information about how to manage cookies in the most commonly used browsers at the following addresses:
Types of data collected
Among the types of personal data that chrisreining.com collects, by itself or through third parties, are: first name, email address, cookies, payments, and usage data.
Complete details on each type collected are provided in a section below, or by specific explanation displayed prior to the data collection.
Personal data may be freely provided by the user, or, in case of usage data, collected automatically when using this site.
Unless specified otherwise, all data requested by this site is mandatory and failure to provide this data may make it impossible for this site to provide its services.
In cases where this site specifically states that some data is not mandatory, users are free not to communicate this data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the site.
Users who are uncertain about which personal data is mandatory are welcome to contact me through the contact details provided below.
Users are responsible for any third-party personal data obtained, published or shared through this site and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the data to the site.
Processing of data
I take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the data.
The data processing is carried out using computers and tech tools, following procedures strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to me, in some cases the data may be accessible to external parties (such as third-party hosting providers) appointed, if necessary, as data processors. The list of these parties may be requested from me at any time.
I may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations I may be allowed to process personal data until the user objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of personal data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which I’m subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the me;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by me or by a third party.
In any case, I’ll gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Depending on the user’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the user’s data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred data, users can check the section containing details about the processing of personal data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by me to safeguard their data.
If any such transfer takes place, users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or contact me using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore:
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between me and the user shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal data collected for the purposes of my legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by me within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting me.
- I may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, I may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Detailed information on the processing of data
Personal data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable me to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of user behavior.
Google Analytics — a web analysis service provided by Google, LLC that utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of this site, to prepare reports on its activities, and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Content commenting allows users to publish their comments on articles.
Disqus — a content commenting service provided by Big Heads Labs, Inc.
- Opt out
(3) Mailing list
This type of service makes it possible to manage a database of email contacts to communicate with users. It may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the user, as well as when the user interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the email.
GetResponse — an email address management and message sending service provided by GetResponse Sp. z o.o.
- Personal data collected: First name, email address, usage data
The personal data collected is used to provide the user with services, and may include the credit card, the bank account used for the transfer, or any other means of payment. The kind of data collected by this site depends on the payment system used.
PayPal — a payment service provided by PayPal Holdings, Inc.
Stripe — a payment service provided by Stripe, Inc.
This type of service allows you to view video content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this site, and interact with them. It might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when users do not use it.
Vimeo — a video content visualization service provided by Vimeo, LLC that allows this site to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
- Personal data collected: Cookies, usage data
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by me. In particular, users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by me, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, I’ll not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from me.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the user’s consent, on a contract which the user is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Any requests to exercise these rights can be directed to me through the contact details provided below. These requests can be exercised for free and will be addressed by me as early as possible.
More details concerning cookies or the collection or processing of personal data may be requested from me at any time, or if you have any questions contact me at email@example.com.
This document was last updated May 25th, 2018